Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We've Moved!

Well, we did it! It only took a week, but we've finally moved to Seattle.

I don't think it's hit either of us yet, but we're definitely glad to be done driving. And now that all of our stuff is put away, we've realized that this new place is a lot larger than our old one. (Score!)

We can dance in the kitchen!


The only downside to the apartment is that it's semi-basement, so those windows on the left look out onto the sidewalk (and it's a pretty busy street; in fact, there's a block party concert happening out there as I type this). So we decided to put the bookcase in front of the windows in our bedroom as a type of privacy shield. And it gave us an adorable library walkway!

The other thing I love about this place is all the exposed pipes (which you can see to the left of the bookcase). They run along the ceiling and make it feel very steam-punky.

And there's an awesome storage room in the back, which was just big enough to fit our old kitchen table! I'm hoping to spruce this space up a bit and make it feel less like a dungeon, so I can call it my 'studio.' (More posts once it's finished!) It's nice to have all of our art supplies out of the way!

And to close out, I just have to share John's crazy/genius plan to play music on the ride back up to Seattle in my car. I stupidly forgot my iPod in Seattle when we moved up in the Uhaul, but I had my laptop, so we bought a power adapter from WalMart and plugged the computer into the cassette adapter to play it through the computer speakers (and it worked, of course).

2 comments:

  1. Oh and did I MENTION that there's a claw-footed bathtub? I'll post photos once I take them :)

    ReplyDelete