Saturday, August 21, 2010

Letterpress: Sarah & Ezra

Last semester, while I was working for Olive-Route, I did my first freelance wedding job for John's high school friends who just got married on August 1st. And luckily for me, I was able to letterpress it with Via's help!

The save-the-date postcards were digitally printed, which was great because it was a lot cheaper and faster. John helped by illustrating the silhouettes.

The invite was a two-color job, backed with black paper. As I recall the colors gave me some issues, because I didn't want them to be pure red and blue (I was trying to avoid the whole 'america' theme).


We also did RSVP cards so they would know who was coming. The little black envelopes matched the black paper on the back of the invite, and I just printed out labels with their return address on it.

Overall, I think the whole set was pretty successful! They seemed to get lots of good feedback about it :)

As a side job I also did invitations and thank-you cards for Sarah's bridal shower. This adorable tree (also drawn by John) was part of the first round of design and didn't make the cut for the invite, so I'm glad we got to bring it back in somehow.

The best part about this whole experience was being able to design everything, from the save-the-date to the day-of collateral, and then going to the wedding and seeing it in action! Here is the last half of the seating chart, and the schedule.

I also did table numbers, and menu's for the buffet.
I think they turned out pretty cute!

I'm hoping this isn't my last wedding, I love doing them! I can definitely see myself designing invites for a living.

4 comments:

  1. You owned this job, gurl. Everything is beautiful! I especially love the way you did a postcard for the save the date card, but didn't let the line down the middle limit your design.

    Even if you weren't my friend I'd hire you. :) In a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME JOB!!! so proud of you :) glad that you are still into weddings after your first one--they can get a little overwhelming! but definitely satisfying :) you know where to go for more, always love having you at the shop! will make sure to post this on my blog too! xoxo, Via

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Via! I miss working in your shop more every day, I hope I can come back to print with you soon! Come visit Carlos and I in Seattle! <3

    ReplyDelete