Saturday, August 14, 2010

Shakespeare Got to Get Paid, Son.

Some good things come of Facebook, even awesome letterpress printing opportunities! I'm a fan of the School of Visual Concepts in Seattle, and they posted a link to the South Lake Union Block Party which happened last night, to which they brought two table-top Vandies and five cases of woodtype! They were letting people print, and I did not want to miss out.

It was definitely different from printing in real life, there was no furniture involved whatsoever. But that would have been too intimidating for people who had never printed before, and I think it was awesome that they were exposing people to the wonderful world of letterpress.

Once John and I got up to the table, we saw they had a Shakespeare block. And we knew what we had to do.
Our first "date" John and I stayed up all night reading every single Married to the Sea comic in the archives, and we still check it regularly. This 'Shakespeare' one pretty much sums up both of our career paths, so we thought it apt to pay tribute to it.
And here's the original comic from Married to the Sea:


I think eventually we'll have to get matching T-shirts.

1 comment: