Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Unbound: Book Art Show at the Bedford Gallery

I haven't had much time to post inspiration on this blog, but I'd like to start sharing things I see that I find really awesome. This blog is supposed to mostly be about my own work, but every once in a while I see something that makes me want to produce art, and I think it should be documented.

Before we moved up to Seattle, I had the chance to go to a Book Art show in Walnut Creek called Unbound, which features a number of amazing book artists (including two of my favorites, Lisa Kokin and Julie Chen. There were a lot of artists I recognized, and many more that I was happy to discover!

Highlights are below:

Claire Dannenbaum, The Poetry Cure

Lauren DiCioccio, The Great English Letter Writers

Travis Somerville (image via Fecal Face)

If you live in the Bay Area, I highly recommend checking out the exhibit at the Bedford Gallery in Walnut Creek. It's up until September 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment