Monday, July 12, 2010

Saturn Table

My friend Jess worked at Saturn Cafe in Santa Cruz when she was going to school down there, and now she's helping them get ready to open a new location in Berkeley! One of the coolest things about Saturn (besides the food!) is that the tables have things in them! Jess worked on an adorable picnic-themed table (complete with ants!), and she asked for help with completing a second table, so of course I was overjoyed to do it. I have so many tiny knick-knacks that making an art piece out of them seems like the perfect purging solution.

I decided our table (John helped) would be Circus-themed, since I have lots of awesome circus paraphernalia that I probably don't need to hold on to for much longer.

The full table (will be covered in Plexi-glass when the restaurant opens)


The tables were fairly shallow, so we had to 'modify' some of the objects to fit...

I decided to use these awesome circus book coloring pages,
so the animals would pop sitting on top of them.

It was so fun to do a spur-of-the-moment art project, and to get rid of some stuff at the same time! I can't wait to sit at the table and drink a delicious milkshake in a few weeks :) Saturn should be open sometime in the next week! 2175 Allston Way, Berkeley.

1 comment:

  1. You've found some of the best ways to get rid of your extra stuff! So much more fun than giving it all to the depot.

    ReplyDelete