Friday, July 9, 2010

It's official!

We are moving to Seattle! This weekend, John and I flew up so we could find an apartment, and we saw six different places yesterday (exhausting!). Luckily, they were all mostly in the same neighborhood. But the second place we saw (pictured above, courtesy of Google Maps) we fell in love with, so we filled out the application right then, and gave him checks. He called us this morning and said we were approved, and we jumped for joy!

Also, we celebrated with ice cream in the park.

We are super relieved to have an awesome place in an awesome neighborhood, but it was a kind of wake up call that we are ACTUALLY doing this. I'm scared and excited, but after having drinks with my "future bosses" at Cognition Studio, I think I feel much more excited. There is so much cool stuff happening in Seattle, I feel like I could definitely find my niche and be really happy here.

Now, the only thing left to do is pack and move. But first, I have lots of stuff to sort through and get rid of. Last week my friend Danielle helped me a ton, and we took fifty pounds of stuff (literally) to Creative Reuse and Buffalo Exchange.

The apartment looks emptier, but not empty enough!

2 comments:

  1. Man...that is a lot of stuff. I am so excited to see the new place. You MUST post pictures. Also, I am going to come up and use the tub. Go you! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First order of business: Claw foot bubble party! I really do hope you visit for a month....(no pressure :))

    ReplyDelete