Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Process: Jenny & Ty

Though Hatch is trying to weed out wedding invites (they're now limited to one a month), Brad let a few of us design some since we said it was something we were interested in. The one I was assigned was pretty open to anything, and their one suggestion was ampersands! Perfect.

I set the copy fairly normally, with a huge ampersand in-between their names. I hunted around the shop for a while trying to find lots of different types/sizes of ampersands, and I'm pretty stoked with the ones I came up with.

It was a two-color job, and they asked for seafoam green and red, so I printed the first layer in a really light seafoam (it doesn't even look like the rollers have ink on them in this photo, but it's just really transparent!).

I decided to keep their copy in one color, so I could utilize the ampersand idea and make an awesome ampersand collage! I wanted it to look a bit more busy than it did printing it once, so I flipped the paper over and printed the ampersands again.

I really really love how they turned out, and I saved about 15 sheets of these that I left just like this (without the wedding copy on top).

Then it was time for the second layer, which they wanted in a bright red-orange.

And the final print!

TA DAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment