Thursday, June 10, 2010

Famous People

Though you would think living in California I would see a lot of famous people, I really have never been than close to anyone famous (well, except for that time I ate dinner next to E-40). Nashville being dubbed "Music City" seems to cause people to want to visit, and this week being CMA Fest amps up the famous factor. On Tuesday John and I biked to Grimey's Music to see the in-store performance of Reverend Payton's Big Damn Band, whom I met when I toured with Vermillion Lies, and who are famous in certain circles. Famous People Count: 1!


I really love the design for their new album, it looks like old woodtype! It would have been cool if Hatch had been involved. They said they know about Hatch but have never had a poster made there, so I tried to encourage them to get one the next time they were in town.

I bought the CD (I wish I could have bought the LP, but it would be difficult to get it back home!) and they all signed it. I LOVE the new music, its really fun and the Reverend is an AMAZING guitar player.

This week's Fest has caused flocks of people to line up sporatically to meet and/or see famous Country Music stars. We find it semi-hilarious, and I've been snapping photos of these ridiculously long lines (this one was for autographs, and it literally wrapped a mile around the block).

Laura's boy plays piano in Randy Montana's band (no relation to Hannah), so we took a short break from work to see him play on stage. Semi-famous Person Count: 2!

When we came back to Hatch, Brandon told us that the manager of CONAN OBRIEN had called, and they were coming to the shop! OMG OMG OMG! At that point we all turned into giddy schoolgirls, and everything after that was an unproductive blur.

He signed the mid-press, which has been the place that famous people who come into the shop sign (Zz Top is on there!). He also let us take a photo with him. He's really nice, and the kind of person I would want to be friends with if he weren't so famous. He's also really, really tall. Famous Person Count: 3!

!!!

About an hour after Conan came in, we were trying to be productive (and failing), and we heard a familiar voice from the front of the shop. None other than Andy Richter! John and I watched Andy Richter Controls the Universe a few months ago and loved it, so I was stoked to meet him in person. He was super incognito (while Conan came in with an entourage of ten people, Andy was by himself), wearing a hat and classes and gym shorts. Super adorable! He bought one of Jim's Alphabet prints. Famous Person Count: 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment