Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Two weeks in, four weeks out

There's nothing that makes you homesick for Oakland quite like seeing a suburban on blocks in the parking lot on Monday morning. Who knew people loved rims in Nashville as much as they did in Oakland?

In other news, we've started to design our own posters! It's really awesome that we get to create things so soon, and I'm loving working in the shop. Brad is a great design mentor, and I'm learning a lot about design on top of learning a lot about letterpress.

I've been revolving around these colors for the jobs I'm working on (I'll post them when they're totally finished so you can see the process from beginning to end). Pastel primaries and browns, maybe it's spring fever?

Every Tuesday night this restaurant/bar in East Nashville called the Family Wash has Pint and Pie night for $10! We got delicious Shepard's Pies, covered in melted cheddar cheese. YUM!

Also, I can't believe its almost the end of my second week! These next few weeks will fly by, I'm sure. I need to find something to do in the evenings other than spend money. So far John and I have been watching too much TV, and browsing the internet tubes. I think I need some kind of art project to keep me busy, something that I can do with very limited supplies. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Pint and pie night, whaaaaat! That looks delish.

    You must be going crazy without your cache of art supplies, gurl. I also have no idea what kind of art project to do when you have nothing to do it with. Let me know if you figure that out.

    Your blog is making me super happy for you (and a tiny bit jealous when I see those walls of type)! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete