Tuesday, November 23, 2010

snOMG!


It snowed in Seattle! The first time it's ever snowed in a place I've lived.

It started Sunday afternoon, and by Monday morning there was a light dusting on the ground. I went to work, as did John, but by the afternoon it was clear that the snow wasn't going to let up anytime soon. {It's funny how a mere two inches of snow can bring the city to a standstill.} It took me an hour to get back from work. After waiting 30 minutes for a bus, we drove 3 blocks and it slid into a telephone pole, so I ended up having to walk anyways. John had worse luck than me: he left work in Bellevue around 8 pm, and was stuck in a standstill on the freeway for three hours (luckily we have chains, otherwise he may not have made it very far!)

We had our first ever snow-day today. It was exciting, but pretty lo-key. Definitely not as big of a deal as the whole city made it out to be. It's gonna be a long, cold winter...

1 comment: