Sunday, November 14, 2010

15 Minutes of Fame!

This weekend I was (surprisingly) featured on Boing Boing!

I was helping out with a printing demo at SVC, printing a take-away poster that Kate Fernandez designed for the Type Americana conference. Glenn Fisherman, who wrote the article, started asking me questions about letterpress and what I do, and only until afterwards when he asked to take my picture did he mention that he was a writer for Boing boing! But I had no idea the article would be so much about me.

I'm really flattered, and I hope that more people come to take classes at SVC because of it!

See the entire article here.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the article Stephanie (but link for the article doesn't resolve properly...). The posters you printed look fabulous! I'll be sure to frame mine to display in my print shop. A pleasure working with you at the Jim/Bill Moran workshop this past Saturday!
    Yvon Lantaigne,
    TYPE Americana attendee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvon, thank you for letting me know about the link! It should be fixed now...silly me for not checking it!

    Hope all's well, I'm glad you liked the poster! Kate did a great job designing it :)

    ReplyDelete