Wednesday, November 3, 2010

THE COOKBOOK IS COMING!

Oh my gawd you guys! This freelance project I've been working on is in final printing stage, and I just received the Blurb proof in the mail today. HOLY CRAP! I made a book, and it's going to be published, for realzies!


There is still a lot to be done (note all the post-it notes...), but it's practically a real-life book! I had no idea I would be this excited to actually have a copy in my hands, but it's kind of like giving birth.


And the insides even look decent, for a Blurb print. Makes me even more excited to see the final offset proofs. Check back in the coming months for a link to the website I'll be designing to promote the book. (A small disclaimer: I didn't design that website splash page...)

**A silly and unrelated side note: Did you know Photobucket takes pictures backwards? As in, when I took these photos, all of the text read in the wrong direction! I had to flip them in photoshop. Oh, silly macbook.

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome. Congrats on your fiiiiiiiiiiirst published book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweeeesome. i love it. not a bit surprised.....xox laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Also, I assume you meant Photo Booth. Just go to Edit > Auto Flip New Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! So excited for you!! But seriously, you're just going to tease us with the cover and not offer any recipes?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devin: Thanks for the advice! It's so weird it doesn't do that automatically.

    Christine: Thanks! Haha, the book isn't finished yet, but once it comes out I'll post where you can order it. I think they're planning to have a sample recipe available for download on the website as well :) They're really great, gourmet recipes, and super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh myyyy gawwwwddd!!!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete