Saturday, November 20, 2010

Letterpress: Home Postcard Series

Sadly, my letterpress class at SVC is almost over! But I managed to print these two postcards in my "Home" postcard series on the Pearl. I'm hoping I can finish the other three sometime in the near future...

The second layer of the first card on the press.

My heart carving, for the second card.

Heart prints!

Wood type for the second card, very hard to get it printing well.

And the second card! (Home is where the heart is)

I'm trying to keep the whole series in the 'CMYK' realm, so the first one is yellow and cyan, and the second is cyan and magenta. I might pull black into the other three, but I kind of like the lightness and I'm worried black would make it too heavy. At the end, I want to print the backs with a postcard line down the middle and a stamp area, and add a small tagline about how they were printed.

1 comment: