Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Process: Sufjan Stevens Poster

Into the Woods seems to have motivated me into hi-speed productivity, because this week has flown by! I was just talking to one of the people I met at the conference about how I wanted to design music posters (and I was also inspired by the Screenprinting workshop I took with Jon Smith), so imagine my delight when I came across a weekly challenge to design a music poster (posted on the Imprint blog). The only criteria was to use torn paper, which is right up my alley!

Since I'm going to the upcoming Sufjan show in Seattle (and I absolutely adore his music), I chose his show as my subject. After drawing out a sketch, I cut out the main bird (above) with some old sheet music.

Then I cut out two f-holes in the main paper, to serve as the 'S's' in Sufjan Stevens.

Sufjan is known for playing a multitude of classical instruments, so I alluded to violin/guitar strings by making letters out of wire.

Then, I attached the wires up to the bird.

And, ouala!


A Note: I am in no way affiliated with Sufjan Stevens, and did this poster purely as a fun exercise. I did not get paid for it, nor will I be making any profit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment