Saturday, April 30, 2011

Seattle Chamber Music Society

{I've decided to post past projects as I get around to editing the photos and putting them on my website (the ever-talented Ariel Nay Nebeker re-photographed my work back in March). Here's the first one!}

While interning at Cognition Studio last fall, I had the pleasure of working on the winter festival campaign for the Seattle Chamber Music Society. The festival includes a 4-day concert series at Benaroya Hall, and a concert catered towards families, which had the theme of 'Babar' this season.

Flyer for Winter Family Concert

Because the imagery had to be 'childlike,' but cater to parents, I decided to play with paper-cutting to give the character of Babar a more sophisticated feel.


The look was applied to postcards and bookmarks as well.

And, I made an animated .gif ad!

I also got to design a poster to be hung outside of Benaroya Hall,
promoting the concert series.


On a slightly unrelated note, I also got to design coasters for an SCMS benefit in January, celebrating Mendelssohn's birthday. It was the first time I've done an illustration for a client (with help from Dave at Cognition), and I had a ton of fun with it!

All photographs by Ariel Nay Nebeker

No comments:

Post a Comment